Check out news from CoinDesk!
- This Week in Coins: Ethereum Steals the Show, Bitcoin Loses Steam, and AI Tokens Explodeby Mathew Di Salvo on February 24, 2024
Ethereum and Uniswap stole the show this week. AI tokens also exploded.
- Binance Must Pay $4.3 Billion In Federal Case as CZ Awaits Sentencingby Jason Nelson on February 24, 2024
Federal prosecutors called the criminal fine and financial penalty "the largest enforcement action" in the agency's history.
- Bitcoin Halving and BTC Price: Will This Time Be Different?by Mathew Di Salvo on February 23, 2024
Bitcoin is in a different place than it was four years ago, the last time the cryptocurrency underwent a halving. Here’s what you need to know.
- You Can Now Move Brave Browser Rewards On-Chain With a Solana Walletby Jason Nelson on February 23, 2024
The popular web browser now allows BAT transfers to self-custody Solana wallets—and the team hasn't ruled out other blockchain integrations.
- AI Tokens Resist Cooling Crypto Market as Bitcoin, Ethereum Wobbleby Jose Antonio Lanz on February 23, 2024
Bitcoin and Ethereum may be near a small correction just days after posting big gains in intra-day and intra-week sessions.
- Designer Stephy Fung: 'Taking a Stand' For Digital Fashion With New SYKY Collectionby Stephen Graves on February 23, 2024
The 'Four Dragons' collection from digital fashion collective SYKY celebrates the Chinese Year of the Dragon.
- 'No Guarantee' Bitcoin Halving Will Be Favorable for Miners: Riot Platformsby Ryan Gladwin on February 23, 2024
Experts warn that miners should get "ready to shut down unprofitable machines" after the Bitcoin halving cuts rewards.
- Portal Fever: Record $8.6 Billion Staked for Binance Rewards Ahead of Game Token Airdropby Andrew Hayward on February 23, 2024
Binance reports record-breaking demand for the Portal staking pools ahead of the cross-chain gaming token's listing next week.
- Improbable Chief Product Officer: Web3 Games Need to Put Experience, Game Logic Onchainon February 23, 2024
Improbable's Rob Whitehead joined Decrypt's Stephen Graves at NFT Paris to talk about the metaverse technology firm's collaborations with blue-chip NFT collections, and how adding tens of thousands of players to a game will work in practice.
- Uniswap Price Skyrockets After Foundation Proposes Long-Awaited Staking Rewardsby Mathew Di Salvo on February 23, 2024
Decentralized exchange Uniswap may soon have an upgrade to reward holders of governance tokens. The price of UNI has surged as a result.
- Xai Gaming Token Hits All-Time High, Ronin Still Recovering After Founder’s Wallets Drainedby Andrew Hayward on February 23, 2024
Ronin (RON) is gradually rebounding after Axie Infinity co-founder Jeff Zirlin’s wallets were hacked, while XAI jumped to a new peak.
- AVAX Dips as Avalanche Network Faces Block Production Haltby Jose Antonio Lanz on February 23, 2024
The suspected “esoteric bug” has not helped AVAX performance, which is down for the fifth day in a row this week.
- Trump Softens His Bitcoin Stance: 'A Lot of People Are Doing It'by Ryan Gladwin on February 23, 2024
I can "live with it one way or the other," he told Fox News during an interview this week.
- Vitalik Buterin Wary of Pushing Too Much Complexity to Ethereum L2sby Stacy Elliott on February 23, 2024
An L1 consensus failure might create a day of panic for devs, but "with an L2 bug, people could permanently lose lots of money." he said.
- $3 Billion in Bitcoin Options Expire Today—Here’s Why It Mattersby Mathew Di Salvo on February 23, 2024
Today’s $3 billion expiry is nothing compared to the open interest accumulating for March expiry—right before the Bitcoin halving.
- Can Robot Lawn Mowers Run ‘Doom’? Yes Indeedby Andrew Hayward on February 23, 2024
"Rip, shear, mow, and tear." Husqvarna and id Software are teaming up to release a version of Doom that plays on Wi-Fi lawn mowers in April.
- ‘Axie Infinity’ Founder’s Ronin Wallets Hacked for $9.5 Million in Ethereumby Andrew Hayward on February 23, 2024
Jeff “Jiho” Zirlin tweeted that his personal wallets on the Ronin chain were compromised as funds were taken and sent to Tornado Cash.
- FTX Can Now Sell Its $1B Stake in Anthropic to Repay Creditorsby Jason Nelson on February 23, 2024
The value of the AI company's shares held by FTX has doubled since the last time a sale was contemplated.
- Kraken Decries ‘Expansive New Theory’ Behind SEC Lawsuit, Calls for Dismissalby Ryan Kawailani Ozawa on February 23, 2024
The crypto exchange says Gary Gensler's agency is trying to “commandeer expansive new authority over the U.S. economy.”
- Block Says Its Bitcoin Bets, Boosted By the Cash App, Yielded $207M In Gainsby Jason Nelson on February 23, 2024
The Jack Dorsey-led payment provider notched a 90% year-over-year increase in Bitcoin gross profit, driving its stock up in after-hours trading.