Check out news from Cointelegraph!
- What is a block reward, explainedby Cointelegraph by Jagjit Singh on February 24, 2024
As the backbone of many cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, block rewards help maintain the security and integrity of the blockchain network.
- ERC-20 wallet drainer gets a business license, Aave deploys on BNB: Finance Redefinedby Cointelegraph by Prashant Jha on February 23, 2024
The creators of a wallet drainer application have registered their business in the United Kingdom.
- Newly released Satoshi emails reveal a treasure trove of early Bitcoin loreby Cointelegraph by Tristan Greene on February 23, 2024
Satoshi didn’t come up with the term “cryptocurrency” and wanted to downplay Bitcoin’s “anonymity.”
- The DeFi bots pumping Solana’s stablecoin volumeby Cointelegraph by Yohan Yun on February 23, 2024
Rampant bot activity has pumped daily USDC volume on a single Solana DEX past the entire stablecoin volume on Ethereum. So what’s going on?
- Avalanche halts block production amid inscription wave launchby Cointelegraph by Ezra Reguerra on February 23, 2024
Ava Labs co-founder Kevin Sekniqi believes the issue may be related to a recently launched inscription wave.
- What is a Helium miner and how does it work?by Cointelegraph by Dilip Kumar Patairya on February 23, 2024
Explore Helium miner, a decentralized device that earns cryptocurrency by providing IoT network coverage and validating transactions.
- Axie Infinity co-founder loses $9.7M in 3,248-ETH wallet hackby Cointelegraph by Arijit Sarkar on February 23, 2024
Two personal crypto wallets of Jeff “Jihoz” Zirlin got compromised, allowing the hacker to walk away with $9.7 million worth of Ether.
- StarkWare changes STRK token unlock schedule following controversyby Cointelegraph by Jesse Coghlan on February 22, 2024
Starknet developer StarkWare cited community feedback as the reason it changed its token unlock schedule for its investors.
- OCC acting head compares crypto-asset intermediaries to corrupt bankby Cointelegraph by Derek Andersen on February 22, 2024
Michael Hsu urged international cooperation and collaboration in a bid to prevent crypto firms from leveraging competition among jurisdictions.
- Marathon Digital Holdings launches direct Bitcoin transaction submission serviceby Cointelegraph by Tristan Greene on February 22, 2024
The new service should speed things up for large and/or non-standard Bitcoin transactions.
- Empirical analysis identifies blockchain as highest-performing information security startup investmentby Cointelegraph by Tristan Greene on February 22, 2024
Blockchain outperformed artificial intelligence, machine learning, private cloud and cloud security.
- Web3 game Pixels now valued at $2.7B after migration to Roninby Cointelegraph by Zhiyuan Sun on February 22, 2024
The project had been preparing for its listing on crypto exchange Binance for the past two years.
- Ondo Finance eyes tokenized treasury expansion amid crypto bull marketby Cointelegraph by Zhiyuan Sun on February 22, 2024
The tokenization protocol opened its first Hong Kong office last month.
- 3AC’s $700M Worldcoin windfall, China vs the crypto spies: Asia Expressby Cointelegraph by Zhiyuan Sun on February 22, 2024
3AC creditors nab $700 million in Worldcoin, foreigners paid crypto to spy on China, USDC to cease Tron support, and more: Asia Express.
- Luxury brand blockchain platform Arianee aims to scale, launches L2 on Polygonby Cointelegraph by Gareth Jenkinson on February 22, 2024
Arianee has launched a Polygon CDK-powered layer 2 to issue and manage digital product passports for various luxury brands and companies.
- Paris Saint-Germain begins Web3 drive as a new blockchain validator for Chiliz Chainby Cointelegraph by Gareth Jenkinson on February 22, 2024
The French football club aims to explore various avenues in the cryptocurrency sector, starting with becoming an infrastructure provider to Chiliz Chain.
- South Africa eyes stablecoins and blockchain for digital paymentsby Cointelegraph by Arijit Sarkar on February 22, 2024
South Africa’s 2024 budget review highlighted the need for structural reforms and a focus on improving public financial management.
- Bitcoin hosts classic Nintendo 64 emulator via Ordinalsby Cointelegraph by Ezra Reguerra on February 22, 2024
Ninjalerts CEO Trevor Owens told Cointelegraph that there’s no better place to immortalize data than on Bitcoin.
- Starknet’s STRK token drops as Nethermind and airdrop hunters dump millionsby Cointelegraph by Jesse Coghlan on February 22, 2024
STRK’s token has fallen by over 50% since its launch on Feb. 20 as airdrop hunters and large token recipients sell millions of the tokens.
- You can now deploy your own L3 rollup for $50 a monthby Cointelegraph by Brayden Lindrea on February 22, 2024
Crypto infrastructure startup Conduit says users can now launch their very own layer 3 with “only a few clicks.”